Picky Eater

Ellie has been a picky eater for as long as she has been on this earth. Never ate regular baby food, she would just spit it out. She has lived on air and a small selection of food- none of which are considered healthy. This has been a HUGE source of frustration for myself and my husband.

This summer is now the summer of change.....yes there will be change- Ellie will change her eating habits (or starve- which her doctor promises me won't happen)
She will eat "normal" kid food- spaghetti, hamburgers, pizza, mac & cheese- none of which she currently eats! She will learn to eat fruits and veggies.

Here is what we are going to do.....Ellie will either eat what she is given or she won't eat until the next meal.....I know- novel idea!

Trust me- we have tried and failed so many times. After tears, gaging, begging, pleading and puke (lots of puke) I just give in and let Ellie eat what she wants.
Why the change? What makes this time different? I have all the time in the world this summer, nothing to do and a whole lot to gain. I want Ellie to learn healthy eating habits now not have it be such a struggle later in life.

So say a prayer for the Weimer family and let me know if you have any helpful hints on how to get Ellie to eat new foods.

Comments