April 29, 2009

Welcome to the birds nest!
I have been wanting for sometime now to jot things down- funny things my kids say, recipes I love, fun things to do with the kids.........now seems like a good time! Let me start with a little background: I have been married to my husband for 6 wonderful years and yes we have had our ups and downs but he is my best friend, the person who makes me laugh and smile. We have 2 wild girls, Natalie Eloise (5 1/2) who was named after 2 wonderful women- my best friend from high school and college and my grandmother, 2 strong and beautiful women who I am sure look down and laugh on a daily basis at how funny Ellie is! And then there is Mary Grace (2) who was named after Erich's grandmother who I never got to meet but I am sure she is smiling down at out fiery redhead!

RAINY DAY FUN:
The rain how been hanging around the week so we have been stuck inside and that is getting old- this afternoon we are going to make butterflies- my girls love any kin of art project so they will have fun with this one. I am going to cut out butterfly shapes and give the girls all different kinds of art supplies to use such as:

bingo blotter (you can find these at the dollar store)
ribbon
colored tissue paper
tin foil
scraps of wrapping paper
stickers

I will post pictures of how these masterpieces turn out later!

Comments