Grilled Steak Fiesta Salad
from this Gal Cooks
- 2 steaks (total of about 1lb. I used top round but would recommend a different cut as they were quite chewy – but hey, they were on sale!)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cilantro
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Lettuce, chopped
- Black Beans
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Crushed red pepper
- Dressing of your choice (I used Chipotle Ranch Dressing)
- Whisk together the honey, chipotle in adobo, dijon mustard, lime juice, minced garlic, cumin, cilantro, allspice and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the steaks to the bowl and generously coat with the marinade. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour, tossing a few times during the marinate process.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn and black beans. Season with desired amount of crushed red pepper.
- Heat your grill to medium heat and grill until your desired doneness is reached.
- Slice the steak across the grain.
- Place lettuce in large serving bowls or plates and top with black bean/corn mixture, shredded cheese and sliced steak. Top with your desired dressing or enjoy plain.