Window Silhouettes

from Skip to My Lou


You will need:
a roll of clear contact paper
paint brushes
paint (we used acrylic)
fine sandpaper
masking tape.

Take a fine piece of sandpaper and lightly sand the shiny surface of the contact paper where you will be painting. Wipe off any dust. This step helps the paint adhere to the slick contact paper.

Tape the piece of contact paper shiny(sanded) side up onto the table- to keep the sides from rolling up


Paint onto the contact paper, my older daughter made the eggs herself and decorated them, my younger daughter just painted all over and I cut the egg shape later


I added a coat of clear varnish on top just to protect the paint (this is sold right next to the paint) Allow the painting to dry completely. Cut out the shape you want, this time it was Easter eggs

Carefully remove the paper backing. This takes some time -----make sure you are only removing the paper (the back of your painting should be sticky).

Once you are finished stick your silhouettes to your window

Comments

  1. Oh! I love it...perfect for my kids, all four of them, and we have two big storm doors on the front of our house that this would be perfect for! Thanks for the tip...I need to gather some sandpaper, and then we are going to do this...although, I might have them cut flowers out, and then our decor will last through the spring!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment