Chicken Tetrazzini

My friend Sherry had her fourth baby last week so I decided to make dinner for her family. My go to meal for this is Chicken Tetrazzini, I have made this MANY times for friends who had a baby, were sick or had a death in the family...........it seems to be the perfect meal. Who doesn't like a ooey gooey cheesy chicken dish? I prepare this dish, add a dessert (tonight it's caramel brownies) and send it on it's way.
The best way to send someone a dinner (in my opinion) is use disposable dishes- who wants to clean and return a dish? Not me! So I put the tetrazzini in a tin pan. I also don't fully cook the meal, this way I can drop off the dinner in the afternoon and give direction to pop it in the oven for 20 minutes and the family can eat a nice hot meal when they want to.
The best part about this meal? It can serve two families! I make a bigger dish to give away and then set some aside in a pan for our family to eat that night-everybody wins!

Here is the recipe I use:
Ingredients:
1 box spaghetti, cooked according to package
4 or 5 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped into bite size pieces
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
1 cup celery, chopped
1 small onion finely diced
1 can chicken broth
2 cups Cheddar Cheese

Mix cooked spaghetti and chicken and all other ingredients (except 1/2 cup cheese) in a large bowl. Pour into a 9x13 pan and sprinkle cheese over the top and bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes (until hot and bubbly and starting to brown)

Comments