Mojito

My older brother Duff gave me this recipe- it is awesome!!! It is worth the little extra time to make it- I have planted mint in my garden just so I can make this drink
Enjoy!

Make enough for 1 Mojito:
2 lime wedges
5 fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup club soda
3 tbl rum
2tbl simple syrup
1 tbl of mango nectar
crushed ice

you can make the simple syrup ahead of time, 2 cups of sugar to one cup of water, mix them together in a saucepan over med high heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir constantly.

For the mojitos, squeeze the lime wedges into a glass, add the mint, crush both with the back of a spoon for 30 seconds, add soda, rum, simple syrup, and nectar, stir gently, serve over ice

I have seen the nectar's at regular grocery stores in the juice isles, mango, papayas, there are a bunch of different types you could make, and they all will be delicious

Comments