the Joys of children

EVERY stinking time I sit down my kids want something........I feel like there is a button I sit that shouts out to my kids "Hurry, go bug your mom- she is starting to relax"
This afternoon after hours at the pool the girls and I had "quiet rest time" MG took a nap, Ellie went downstairs and I laid on the couch. As soon as I closed my eyes, Ellie comes bouncing up the stairs asking questions.....really Ellie? Really?

After dinner I put a movie on for them, walk into the other room, sit down, pick up the remote and the questions start
Can I have a drink?
The movie stopped, will you come fix it?
Can I have dessert?

HELP ME!

E is out of town on a golf trip (AGAIN) and I am counting the minutes until bedtime
There will be no baths tonight- I am too tired for that- the pool counts as a bath right?

Tomorrow will be another fun day but equally as long. Lunch with the Hufford side, which is always fun- lots of people, foods, kids running around- chasing each other, just a fun time. Followed by a drive to KC.....4 1/2 hours in the car with 2 kids and a dog.

So tonight after the kids go to bed I get finish the laundry, pack for KC, clean the house, finish the Father's Day gifts......all I wanted was a quick nap but as usual my kids had other plans

Comments