My girls are needing a little reminder of family rules so I found this great list on the Internet, I think it covers all bases. Tonight during dinner we had a talk about the rules and now the list is going up on the fridge
1. Tell the truth.
2. Treat each other with respect.
3. No arguing with parents.
We want and value your input and ideas, but arguing means you have made your points more than once.
4. Respect each other’s property.
Ask permission to use something that doesn’t belong to you.
5. Do what Mom and Dad say the first time.
without complaining or throwing a fit!
6. Ask permission before you go somewhere.
7. Put things away that you take out.
8. Look for ways to be kind and helpful to each other.