I found this recipe on All Recipes, I made a few changes and here is the recipe I now use- it is delicious!!!
2 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken
breast halves - cubed
2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
1/2 large onion, minced
1 cup Carnaroli or Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
8 ounces asparagus, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring chicken stock to a boil in a small saucepan, then keep warm over low heat.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the cubed chicken, and continue cooking until firm and lightly browned; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in the saucepan and cook onions until they soften and turn translucent, about 1 minute. Stir in the rice, and continue cooking until the rice turns opaque, and the onion begins to brown.
4. Stir in the wine and asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, until the wine evaporates. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in 1/3 of the hot chicken stock. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Stir in another 1/3 of the chicken stock and continue cooking and stirring until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Season the risotto with oregano and basil. Pour in the remaining stock, and stir until absorbed again, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then stir in the Parmesan cheese and chicken cubes